Whether as trainers or facilitators, Momentum Associates has the experience and strategic thinking you need to help your organization achieve its goals.
FOUNDER AND PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Masters in Public Administration
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Bachelors in Journalism and English
Certificate in Fund Raising Management from the Center on Philanthropy
Certificate in Nonprofit Board Consulting
Erin Skene-Pratt is an independent consultant with 18+ years experience as a trainer, leader and catalyst for change in the nonprofit sector. Specializing in facilitation, program design and project management, Erin provides a strategic outlook on work of the nonprofit sector and a proven track record of results having assisted thousands of nonprofits to better serve their communities.
As an independent consultant, Erin provides facilitation, training and project management for nonprofits across the country. Most notably, Erin:
- Developed curriculum and provided training, facilitation and coaching to 29 regional philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs) resulting in some dramatic gains in their public policy capacity;
- Built statewide coalitions to address issues of concern to the nonprofit sector;
- Facilitated board and committee conversations to draft and implement strategic work plans;
- Facilitated sessions to develop policy plans for arts and health care organizations;
- Provided training to grassroots, statewide and national organizations to increase the effectiveness of their organizations;
- And much more.
Erin previously served as Senior Director of Public Affairs at Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA), where she:
- Crafted curriculum and trained thousands of nonprofits on how to effectively advocate for public policy change and authored the first Michigan-specific how-to-guide on effective advocacy;
- Crafted and implemented MNA's first statewide public policy agenda for the nonprofit sector;
- Mobilized a grassroots network of 2,000 nonprofits;
- Successfully fundraised for MNA's policy work;
- Recruited and staffed a committee to provide input to the Michigan attorney general on charitable matters;
- Organized the first Michigan nonprofit legislative caucus;
- Advocated on policy issues relevant to the nonprofit sector resulting in passage of legislation to enhance fundraising efforts of nonprofits and to increase nonprofit accountability in Michigan; and
- Formed the Michigan Participation Project to enhance the voter engagement efforts of Michigan's nonprofits.
Momentum Associates works with a group of experienced and effective Affiliated Consultants whose diverse backgrounds can bring the perspective you need to your project. Let us know your needs and we’ll find the right fit for you. Find out how we can help.
Jeannie Fox is on the faculty of Hamline University and directs the master's of nonprofit management program. She has over 20 years experience in nonprofit organizations and public agencies. She most recently served as chief of staff to former Minnesota Secretary of State, Mark Ritchie. Following a career as a senior manager in nonprofit direct service organizations, Fox lobbied on behalf of the nonprofit sector at all levels of government during a nine-year tenure as the deputy public policy director for the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits. She previously held adjunct faculty positions at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities and Duluth campuses and was a 2012 State Department Legislative Fellow in the Dominican Republic. Fox’s publications include chapters in the textbooks, “Nonprofit Management 101” and “The Lobbying and Advocacy Handbook for Nonprofit Organizations.”
Operating under a personal mission statement of “Honor. Empower. Amplify.,” Shannon is a nationally recognized trainer, strategist, civic engagement consultant and leadership coach. Shannon’s commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in civic life has introduced her to communities throughout the United States, where she has worked alongside thousands of candidates, elected officials, social activists and civic-minded organizations. Her consulting firm, SMG Strategies, combines over 20 years of electoral, legislative and legal experience with humor, mindfulness and a no-nonsense approach to building a more active and diverse democracy. Her leadership trainings and coaching services are known for breaking down fears about living a publicly political life and helping individuals embrace their civic ambitions. Shannon is also co- founder and board chair of VoteRunLead, a national tech nonprofit unleashing the power of women as leaders in democracy, and is a founding partner of Civicize.Me, a civic leadership certification program for aspiring change agents. Through SMG Strategies, VoteRunLead and Civicize.Me, Shannon intentionally and directly addresses the impact of intersectionality on political leadership in order to welcome more individuals into the civic space and strengthen our democracy and civic institutions.
Get in touch
Let Momentum Associates provide you with a customized proposal
for how we can help your organization move forward.