Momentum Associates offers a wide array of facilitation and training services for nonprofit, business and governmental entities.
Local, statewide and national organizations will benefit from our facilitation services, ranging from small group meetings to broad organizational planning:
- Brainstorming, visioning and design sessions
- Strategic and annual planning
- Nonprofit board & organizational assessments
- Board/staff retreats
- Problem-solving meetings
- Action planning
- Team building
Although the process will vary by organization based on your timing and needs, the following is our traditional process for facilitating sessions:
- Meet with client to determine goals for session that move the organization forward.
- Conduct interviews and/or survey participants to confirm objectives.
- Design customized agenda that utilizes discussion and exercises to achieve goals.
- Facilitate interactive session with participants.
- Summarize next steps for clients based on input from participants.
As facilitators we use a wide range of skills and tools to plan, manage and guide your group’s event.
The following training sessions are all available to be tailored to the needs of your audience. All include activities and discussion to keep participants engaged. Depending on the amount of content and topics to be covered, the following trainings can be offered in 90 minute, half day and full day formats.
> Fundraising Trainings:
- Finding grant opportunities
- Board members & fundraising
- Grant writing
- Building & maintaining relationships with foundations
> Advocacy & Lobbying Trainings:
- Basic introduction to advocacy tactics
- Coalition building
- Communicating effectively with policymakers
- Crafting legislative agendas
- IRS rules for nonprofit lobbying
- Foundations engaging and supporting advocacy (roles & rules)
- Board members roles as advocates
> Nonpartisan Nonprofit Voter Engagement Trainings:
- Crafting a plan and timeline
- Effective tactics for voter registration, voter education & voter mobilization
- Staying nonpartisan: do’s and don'ts for voter engagement
- Roles and rules for foundations
> Board Governance Trainings:
- Best practices
- Board member responsibilities
- Effective board committees
- Boards role in fundraising
- Boards role in advocacy
- Building & maintaining an effective board
- Running effective & action oriented board meetings
> Management & Leadership Trainings:
- Understanding the nonprofit sector 101
- Executive transition
- Tips for starting a nonprofit career
- Building effective teams
- Running effective meetings
- Volunteer management
Our base hourly rate is $150, plus travel and other expenses. Based on your needs and budget, we will work with you develop a scope that accomplishes your goals. Let us know how we can help.